PIR - ELECTRICAL SAFETY CHECK - £279
Part of our on-going commitment to ensure your safety we are offering our customers, whose caravan or motorhome is over three years old, a Periodic Inspection Report (PIR) as recommended by the National Caravan Council and the Electrical Safety Council.
What is a Periodic Inspection
A Periodic Inspection is an inspection on the condition of an existing electrical installation, to identify (in order of priority) any deficiencies against the national safety standard for electrical installations.
A Periodic Inspection Will:
- Reveal if any of your electrical circuits or equipment is overloaded
- Find any potential electric shock risks and fire hazards in your electrical installation
- Identify any defective DIY electrical work
- Highlight any lack of earthing or bonding
- Test Wiring and associated electrical equipment to check that it is safe
Why is a periodic inspection needed
Every electrical installation deteriorates with use and age. It is important that the person responsible for the maintenance of the installation be sure that the safety of users is not put at risk, and that the installation continues to be in a safe and serviceable condition.
It is recommended that periodic inspection and testing is carried out at least every 3 years for caravans/motorhomes.
What happens during a periodic inspection
The periodic inspection will take into account all relevant circumstances including the following factors:
- Adequacy of earthing and bonding
- Suitability of the switch gear e.g. consumer unit
- Serviceability of equipment e.g. switches, socket-outlets and lights
- Type or wiring system and its condition
- Presence of adequate identification and notices
- Extent of any wear and tear, damage or other deterioration
We will provide a Periodic Inspection Report (PIR) as part of the periodic inspection. A Periodic Inspection Report (PIR) is a formal method of recording the findings of the Periodic Inspection. The main purpose of a PIR is to report on the safety condition of an existing installation.